Senior Golang Backend Developer
Golf GameBook has always been about making golf more fun and enabling people to experience golf like never before. Our virtual clubhouse is currently over 1M players strong and continues to grow. We are now in search of a Senior Golang Backend Developer who can support our product development teams with high competence, deep knowledge, and vision.
This is what you would be doing:
– Ensure high quality programming within our product development teams
– Establish and oversee best practices in project setups and development processes
– Execute code reviews and quality control
– Manage platform integrations and project security
– Give support in troubleshooting and problem solving
– Explore new implementation approaches and mentor product developers
– Participate in project planning and setups, maintenance development and implementation enhancements
From a skillset perspective, we’re looking for an experienced professional who has a profound understanding of backend development projects and technologies. You will be working within our technology team with other specialists supporting the product departments across the organization to drive this mission forward.
To be successful in the job, it is important to possess adequate skills, solid knowledge, and strong vision on leveraging technologies to achieve elegant solutions supporting the business in the long run. The right attitude, along with great teamwork skills and a sense of humble confidence will enable you to excel within the team.
Ideally, you have worked in a similar position and have a strong track record from both programming and development projects. As this is a company-wide role, the ability to support cross departmental teams and initiatives is a must.
Golf background is not a must, but you should have interest in learning about the game and its industry.
These are the things that we are looking for:
– Expertise in Go programming language, tools, and its ecosystem
– Strong hands-on skills with backend programming and software development projects
– Good experience on REST APIs, Microservices, SQL and NoSQL databases
– Adequate written & spoken English (other languages is a plus)
– College / University degree, or a strong working experience
Considered as an advantage
– Experience on AWS or other cloud services, deployment pipelines and DevOps
– History with low-level programming languages
– Good written & spoken Finnish
We could offer you
– A full-time employment, with possibility of partial remote work
– An excellent opportunity to develop and progress professionally within a technology-oriented team
– A modern technical working environment and tools
– Challenging and diverse job in an interesting and international work environment
– A great working environment at our headquarters in Espoo, Finland
– A unique possibility to work at the heart of golf’s digitalization
– You might even get a chance to play a round of golf every now and then!
A tech company, headquartered in Espoo, Finland. Our mission is to help our users to Experience Golf Like Never Before with a world-class mobile application. Golf GameBook is like a clubhouse in your pocket, and it’s made for everyone from beginners to hardcore golfers. Supporting 25 different game formats, Golf GameBook app is the most effective and social way to keep score in golf, allowing golfers to connect and share live results, comments, photos, and videos – no matter where they are, on and off the golf course. With more than 1M registered users and over 20 million rounds of golf recorded so far, Golf GameBook is one of the fastest growing golf communities in the world. Our brand book can be found here: http://brandbook.golfgamebook.com
What are you waiting for? Don’t hesitate, send your application to email@example.com with subject line: Senior Golang Backend Developer. Please include your CV in the application and an optional cover letter.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found, so make sure to act quickly!